Community Council meetings are as follows:
October 6th, December 14th, and February 15th in the DVES library. Any further dates and times to be determined by the 2016-17 Community Council and will be posted at least one week before scheduled meeting.
We welcome any interested parent of a student at DVES to join our community council. At the beginning of each year, members who have served for three years, are thanked for their service and their seat is open to election. Just fill out the nomination form that is sent home with the students and emailed to parents, and we will include your name in the election process.
For the 2016-2017 school year we do not need to fill any seats for our community council. However, we would love to see any interested parents at our meetings. Please call Daniel Trimble at 574-2009 if you have any questions about our community council.
Community Council Agenda
Amanda Roberts, Greg Hoff, Megan Thomas, Darlene Tanner, Daniel Trimble, Penny Butterfield, Paul Forcier, Jessica Elgin
Questions and comments
- Reading achievement plan?revisit at February meeting
- ALP will be held at the school next year- parent meeting will be held in the Spring to determine carpools for those who are interested
- Assessment data is available for those who are interested in Utah Data Gateway
- New counselor will be starting in January. Aaron ______. We will have him for two days per week.
- PTO has some money that could be used for teacher requests
Appoint a secretary
Motion by Jessica Elgin, seconded by Megan Thomas, unanimous vote
- Darlene Tanner
Discuss digital citizenship requirement
- Community Council must be aware of systems and configuration and give recommendations if needed
- Internet safety program through the state, NetSmarts, is given to all students each year. This has been done by Kayla Alldredge this year.
- Add etiquette component- have the counselor do this in January. Students can be taught about being kind on email, manners about communicating with others.
Review budget for current year
- Instructional aides
- Music teacher
- There is about $4000 of unused funds for this year.
Discuss unused funds in current budget
- $4000 not used with aides- Some funding was paid by the District
Discuss possible uses for unused funds and amendment to current plan.
- Safety issues- signage for drop off and pick up, handheld stop signs
- exterior cameras- District is working on this
- lights in back of the school- District is working on this
- LED bulbs in existing lights- District is working on this
- Technology- more classroom chromebooks
- Tables and benches for playground
- Field Trips
Vote on amendment to plan
-Motion by Penny Butterfield, seconded by Jessica Elgin, unanimous vote
#1- Safety issues on the roundabout- approx. $500
#2- Field trips- $900- $150 per grade level K-5
#3- Chromebooks- remainder of fund
Discuss plan for 2017-2018 school year with possible increase of STL budget.
-Top priority is aides for classrooms- would like to keep the same number as this year. We may have to put in more money depending on what the District pays for.
Oct. 26th, 2015
Last meeting: Went over Trust Lands requirements and training
Carryover from last year- $2,136.00
Total budget for this year- $22,319.00
Instructional aides are about $9,000 for a part time position
Add a math aide?
Dahlia Wilhite has picked up some aide hours in addition to her PE hours - is helping with math but mostly reading at this time
Half time music teacher with the Beverly Taylor Sorenson grant- $7,000.00 for the year
Musical instruments have been donated and also paid for by the PTO
Field Trip money- new budget item for 2015-16
$100 per grade level 1-5
Teachers can determine how to use the money
Discussed SAGE scores
Money from PTO will be combined with Trust Lands fund $2,009.00 to hire an aide for math
12-15 hours per week- maybe afternoons to help with 3-5th grade RTI and lower grade small group instruction
Mr Trimble will open the job position
First in Math as an option especially for grades K-2
Mr Trimble will create an addendum adding the field trip funding and the possibility of funding First in Math for 1st and 2nd grade math intervention.
Next year may include grade 1-2 Advanced Learning Program
click link to see 2016-17 school plan
Click link for 2015-16 STL final report
Rules of Order and Procedure
Diamond Valley EL Funding
Funding for 2016-2017
Funding for 2015-2016
Funding for 2014 – 2015
|Funding for 2013 – 2014||$18,795|
|Funding for 2012 – 2013||$12,738|
|Funding for 2011 – 2012||$12,054|
|Funding for 2010 – 2011||$10,876|
|Funding for 2009 – 2010||$13,270|
|Funding for 2008 – 2009||$17,075|
|Funding for 2007 – 2008||$17,633|
|Funding for 2006 – 2007||$12,122|
|Funding for 2005 – 2006||$8,053|
|Funding for 2004 – 2005||$6,909|
|Funding for 2003 – 2004||$6,352|
|Funding for 2002 – 2003||$5,450|
|Funding for 2001 – 2002||$3,713|
|Funding for 2000 – 2001||$3,190|